Saturday, November 8, 2008

Nations Dinner and other stuff

So life has been crazy lately. I say lately meaning the same as it normally is...anyway I have been planning a trip to Haiti this summer, if you don't already know, with a couple of friends. It has been a long, hard, crazy and amazing thing. We have been doing a lot of fundraising and there is even more to be done. We are getting ready to have a big one actually. I have been making banners for it for the last three or four days, they are the photos in this blog. It is the nations dinner. This is going to be really fun I think...we have gone through a lot of preparation for this dinner and I am praying that it goes off without a hitch. I know that it will lord willing. We are hoping to raise like $1,000 dollars for this and then that would cover at least 3 plane tickets maybe 4. We found tickets for $372.40 and that is round trip! Ok so doing the math that covers like 2 3/4 tickets but, that is closer than we are now. We are going to be doing other things as well. We want to raise like $5,000 dollars total and I am realizing that getting 5 people there is harder than getting 1 person there. I know that the Lord will make a way for all of us to get there no matter what. 
I am really excited about this trip. We are going to be working at a orphanage in Haiti, some of you may have heard of it, called World Harvest for Christ New Missions Children's Home. This place really is like a second home to me well, all of Haiti is like a second home to me but WHC is where my Haiti experience began when I was 12. These are the kids that really changed my outlook on life and made me realize that I had a great life and things are not as bad as I think they are. I love these kids and we want to do great things for them this summer. We want to bring in new sheets for all the kids, maybe slap a fresh coat of paint on the walls in the rooms. Who knows? We really just want to love these kids though and spend time playing and caring for them. That is the goal of this trip, to show 
the kids at WHC that they are loved and that someone cares. 

I feel stupid doing this but if you would like to donate to the trip make all checks payable to me, Alyssa Hallaway and send them to me at:

2317 Westland Mill
Acworth, GA 30102

And if you don't feel like you want to send money, send your prayers to us and with us as we go in this trip in June. 

No comments: