Saturday, November 15, 2008

What its like living in an etch-a-sketch...


So...I know that I start my blogs with the word so a lot but I am not really sure what else to say when I start typing. I am amazed that I can even write sometimes. Most days I feel as though I have perpetual writers block. Then when I start to write and think about what I am saying it seems to go away. Anyway I wanted to write a blog about preparation. For the dinner and for the trip, which has been moved from leaving the end of June to leaving in the middle of May. That just happened like two days ago, so it seems that we can be as prepared as we want to be and things change. I think that, that is ok but I do like to have things set in stone and not an etch-a-sketch. We have been planning the Many Nations Dinner for a couple of months now and there has been a huge response, which is a good thing. We are hoping to make at least $1,000 from this. Then we could book tickets and sort of be out of the etch-a-sketch phase of that part of the trip. 

I am using an etch-a-sketch as an example because you can draw pictures in it and then you can shake it up and redraw the same thing just with a few changes. That is how the planning process for this trip has been going. We plan to leave on June 25th, nope you will be leaving May 13th. We plan to get all of the food for the dinner donated, nope, let me show you that I can do things through broke college students and not huge corporations. We have been so shaken for the last few months that I am literally shaking. This has been a stretching project for me because as I said before I like stone, not etch-a-sketches...but what are you going to do when you are trusting in God to get you to a place that only exists today because of Him. I am going to have to get used to living in a etch-a-sketch if this is what I am planning on doing the rest of my life. 

No comments: