Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Be

Be still my beating heart
For I can not sleep, I can not think, I can not see
Be still so I may know my thoughts
Be still so my mind can work and and process
Slow thy ever fastening pace so that I can breathe
In
iod.
Out
he.
In
ve.
Out
he.
Calm thy self so that I may be able to see what is around me and take it all in
And not just whiz by in a flash of beats
Come back to the rhythm that you once had
Keep me alive and keep beating at that pace of which I am accustomed
Stop this tempo and makes these haphazard beats
Become a sweet cadence once again
Tell me that this was all drivel that expelled from my mouth
Be still my beating heart

But no my heart responds
It says that this is new, this is fun, this is real
This is the pace that I was meant to beat at
I was not meant to be held in this one meter that is mediocre
I was meant to fly and sing loud, not to be held by the killing ache that made me break
No, no I will not be still
For I have found what I was meant to do
I was meant to feel, I was meant to chant, I was meant to love and be loved
So no I will no be still
For the mind is good to know other things
But of this I know far more than any gray matter between your ears
I feel the drums deep in your heart place that have come alive with this ever resonating song
And I feel the thunder shake the foundation of these dusty walls
So no I will not be still
For I am alive


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibzvBFM8igE

No comments: